WD Hard Drives, USB Drives, & Memory Cards Data Recovery in Bangalore
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) makes external and internal hard-disk and solid-state drives for a variety of IT products, from laptops to servers. Its knowledge storage product portfolio ranges from three.5-inch laptop drives to helium-filled disc drives to flash storage devices for such applications as information analytics and cloud computing. HGST sells through distributors like Ingram small and Arrow natural philosophy. The corporation has developed and produced operations in Asia and North America. While it retains the Hitachi name, the corporation was sold by Hitachi to Western Digital in 2012 for approximately $4.3 billion in money and stock.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) a subsidiary of Hitachi was founded in 2003 after the company obtained the disk drive business from IBM. HGST was obtained by Western Digital in 2012, and the HGST branding was dropped in 2018.
Hard drives and solid-state drives
- Ultrastar – Enterprise-class line of three.5-inch and a pair of.5-inch HDDs with SCSI, Fibre Channel, SAS, and SATA interfaces; and a line of three.5-inch and a pair of.5-inch Fibre Channel, SAS, and PCIe NVMe SSDs. currently marketed beneath Western Digital whole.
- Deskstar – Desktop-class line in three.The 5-inch kind issue with SATA interfaces. Phased out once discontinuance of HGST whole. Western Digital-branded successors square measure three.5-inch variants of WD Blue and Black HDDs, and for Deskstar NAS drives conjointly WD Red.
- Travelstar – Mobile-class line in two.5-inch kind issue with SATA interfaces. Phased out once discontinuance of HGST whole. Western Digital-branded successors square measure two.5-inch variants of WD Blue and Black HDDs.
- Endurastar – Ruggedized line in two.5-inch kind issue with PATA or SATA interfaces, primarily for automotive applications. Phased out once discontinuance of HGST whole.
- CinemaStar – three.5-inch and a pair of.5-inch kind factors, optimized for shopper physical science applications requiring quiet operation and Av streaming commands support. Phased out once discontinuance of HGST whole. Western Digital-branded successors square measure WD Purple and Av.
Read More – SSD Data Recovery in Bangalore, Data Recovery Services in Bangalore
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is HGST discontinued?
More than six years after the acquisition, the HGST name is disappearing from drives, though influence from the former Hitachi division remains. As part of a branding realignment following a series of acquisitions, Western Digital is spinning down the HGST brand.
2. Is HGST a WD?
HGST, A Western Digital Brand, Provides Storage Products And Solutions That Support Every Stage Of The Workflow For The Media And Entertainment Industry | Western Digital.
3. Is HGST a good brand?
HGST has been proven to be a reliable brand in recent industry tests. This 7200 rpm drive is faster than the more common 5400 rpm drives in this price range. The SATA-III spec of 6 Gbps applies to the SATA interface speed, but real-world data transfer rates never get close to that.
4. Is HGST and WD the same?
In 2018, Western Digital announced that it was phasing out its HGST brand and that all of its remaining product lines (particularly Ultrastar) will henceforth be marketed as brands of Western Digital.
5. Is Hitachi and HGST the same?
Western Digital Corporation completed the acquisition of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (also known as Hitachi GST) from Hitachi Ltd. in March 2012. The acquired business of Hitachi GST has been rebranded as HGST, a Western Digital company.
6. Did WD buy Hitachi?
WD has announced that the acquisition of Hitachi Global Storage Technologies is now complete in a deal worth $3.9 billion in cash and 25 million worth of shares, valued at $0.9 billion. WD is now the world’s largest hard drive manufacturer.
7. What brand is HGST?
Hitachi (now HGST, a subsidiary of Western Digital) has the lowest failure rates across the makes and models surveyed. Western Digital itself came in second, with numbers only slightly less impressive than HGST’s. “It’s hard to beat the current crop of 4TB drives from HGST and Seagate,” Backblaze said in its blog post.