- Data recovery is the process of retrieving deleted or inaccessible data from failed electronic storage platter such as computer hard disk drives, removable drives, optical devices, etc.
- Your data can become inaccessible due to a software problem, computer virus, mechanical or electrical malfunction or a deliberate human act.
There are various reasons for hard disk failure, but we broadly can categorize it into two
- Logical Issues : Usually in this kind of hard disk, platter will be fine but the data might be lost due to Formatting / Partition Table Corruption /Data in Shortcut Format/ Accidental Deletion/Virus Infection/OS Installation without taking backup.
- Physical Issues : In these kinds of issues, the hard disk will not be detectable or there will be clicking noise or some of the components might be bad. In some cases the hard disk will be detectable, but data cannot be accessed due to bad sector.
The time required for analysis depends on the problem of platter. It generally takes 3-4 hrs to analyze the device, but in rare scenario it could take longer.
All devices received go through an extensive analysis to determine the condition of the drive.
- Step 1 – We will determine whether the problem is physical (hardware), logical (software structures) or both
- Step 2 – If it is found to be physical, we will determine whether the needed parts for repair are in our inventory or if we have to resource them.
- Step 3 – Once we establish access to the drive, we will make an absolute and complete backup of your hard disk to our server where the process will continue.
- Step 4 – The next step is to evaluate the condition of the data structure & determine how much of the data is recoverable.
- Step 5 – When the evaluation process is completed, we will contact you with the results of the evaluation & tell you the exact time frame required as also about the cost for recovery. We will need your approval to proceed further from this point.